Microsoft Excel is one of the applications in the Microsoft Office suite. It is the most useful and influential platform for data evaluation and documentation. As you might know, Excel is a spreadsheet platform, that is, it consists of several columns and rows, and the intersection of a column and a row is said to be a cell. You can store a piece of data or information in each cell. By arranging the data, the information becomes easier to find and retrieve the information of data changing.
What is the use of Microsoft Excel?
If you need to maintain your own data or you have to manage the office’s information on a worksheet, Excel is your best choice. It is the widely used spreadsheet platform that will help you manage the data at a personal as well as professional level. Excel not only stores information in the spreadsheet but it also performs complex calculations on it. You can use this application for several things. Some of the uses are:
- To create a chart using your data.
- To use edited formulas for doing calculations.
- To insert a spreadsheet on your blog or website.
- To import and export the .csv, .txt, and .ods data files.
- To do a real-time conversation with someone who is editing the spreadsheet simultaneously when using the online version.
What benefits do you have from using Excel 2019?
Excel 2019, the latest version of Microsoft Excel, has a vast variety of new and refined features and abilities that can be advantageous for a user in a various manner. Whether for personal or professional work, you can use Microsoft Excel 2019. If you are using some other spreadsheet software, then also you can export any information into your Excel spreadsheet. These spreadsheets can help you maintain your data, execute formulas, create a chart, and share data in an organization. The following are some of the benefits that Excel 2019 provides:
- It allows you to create an automated workflow.
- You can insert 3D images to view it from all angles.
- It offers the capability to add icons and scalable vector graphics (SVG).
- It eradicates the use of complex nested functions with some new improvised functions.
- You can display and present your data in a more visually effective manner using the Power BI suite of apps.
- You can import any external data and transform it according to your need before finally entering into an Excel sheet.
What features does Excel 2019 provide?
Each time an updated version comes, Microsoft adds some new features to it. Hence, Excel 2019 also has many new features to help you work on the platform in a quick and easy manner. This new version of Excel is more user-friendly. Here are some of the features that come with Excel 2019:
- Insights: A new feature that has been added on the ribbon of the Excel application, mainly used for providing you the best suggestions to visually amplify the spreadsheet based on your data.
- Geography: It allows you to add the geographical locations in your spreadsheets. All these locations are listed in an alphabetical chronology. You can see all the about each company in sorted order. You can also search for information about a particular location on Wikipedia as well. For that just click the icon on the left of the location’s name.
- Office Add-ins: This feature helps you to expand the functionality of Excel 2019. You can get all the specialized applications via Office Store in your program.
- Cloud file support: This feature allows you to add your Excel spreadsheet to OneDrive or SharePoint so that you can store and maintain important information.
- File Share options: The Share option on the top-right corner of the ribbon makes the sharing of your workbook much faster and easier. It not only allows you to invite other people to view and edit on OneDrive but also present them online.
- Pivot table filtering: The slicers let you filter the data in the pivot tables on multiple columns faster with the help of onscreen graphic objects. Timelines provide the ability to perform the filter process of pivot table data graphically via a timeline based on a date-type column that is inculcated in the pivot table’s Data Model.
- Quick Analysis tool: It can be used to apply conditional formatting, create a chart, create a pivot table, calculate the total values of rows and columns, or even add sparklines to a particular table.
- Touchscreen support: This feature is mainly for tablets and smartphones. You not only can have this spreadsheet application on your desktop and laptops, but you can also use it on tablets and smartphones.
- Recommended Charts: In case you are facing a problem to decide which chart type should you use to present your data, use the Recommended Charts option. It will suggest different types of charts with a preview of your data and then you can easily decide which chart type to choose.
- Recommended Pivot Tables: Similar to the Recommended Charts option, this feature helps you to create pivot tables from the imported data or the Excel data lists that you have in your spreadsheets.
- Integrated Data Model support: It allows you to main either one-to-one or one-to-many relationship between the imported spreadsheets and the ones you created.
As the days pass by, Microsoft Excel is getting popular and the new version has laid some of the advantageous features to make it user-friendly. To get to know the platform and its features, you can refer to the uCertify course, Microsoft Excel 2019. You can also pass you the Microsoft Excel 2019 (MO-200) certification exam by referring to this course. It authenticates your skills in maintaining worksheets and workbooks; data cells and ranges; and tables, table data and charts; and executing formulas and functions. The MO-200 exam offers you to create and edit a workbook with several sheets and use the graphical elements to illustrate data visually. The course consists of topics like creating worksheets, manipulating data, charts, output, managing workbooks, named ranges, tables, and so on.
More Read On Forbesmagazine