Dosa is a south Indian dish similar to thin pancakes or crepes. You can add different flavored stuffing to it and form a delicious meal. Check out this post for a taste-filled recipe.
For the dosa batter :
- Rice – 3 cups
- Lentils – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
For the organic chicken stuffing:
- Organic chicken (boneless) (cut in cubes) – 200 grams
- Red chili (powder) – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – half teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – half teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Boiled potatoes (mashed) – 1/2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 4
- Turmeric (powder) – quarter teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
For the batter:
- Soak the rice, lentils, and fenugreek seeds in water for four hours.
- Take out the water of the rice
- Add the soaked rice to a blending machine.
- Add two tablespoons of water and blend the rice.
- Once it has formed a paste-like consistency, take the batter out from the blender and keep it aside.
- Drain the water from the fenugreek seeds and lentils, and add it to the blender.
- After it has formed a paste-like consistency, add it to the rice batter.
- Rest the batter for twelve hours.
- Add two tablespoons of water to it if the consistency is too thick.
- The batter should not be too thick or watery consistency.
- Add salt as required and mix nicely.
For the dosa stuffing:
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to it.
- Let the oil heat for forty seconds, then add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Fry them for thirty seconds, then add boneless organic chicken.
- Fry the chicken till the color turns white.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and, stir it.
- Add cumin seed powder and mix it.
- Cook the chicken for four minutes while stirring.
- Cover the pan with its lid and cook it for five minutes on medium flame.
- After the chicken is fully cooked, add salt as required.
- Add red chili powder and mashed potatoes.
- Keep stirring for two more minutes.
- Turn the flame off, Organic chicken dosa stuffing is ready!
For the dosa:
- To prepare the dosa, take a disc-shaped pan and pour some oil into it.
- Take a tissue or a brush and spread the oil on the disc-shaped pan.
- Never pour dosa batter on a hot pan because it will stick to the pan.
- Pour the dosa batter on the cool pan and spread it properly.
- Heat the pan and pour oil on the sides of the dosa.
- Put the stuffing on one side of the dosa in a line.
- Once the dosa is slightly brown, start rolling it very carefully.
- Dish it out and cut it in half, Spicy organic chicken Dosa is ready!