Whether you’re a first-time landlord or you have an extensive portfolio of properties to let, it’s only right that you want your rental to stand out from the crowd in an overly saturated market. But the last thing you want to do is overspend and risk being left out of pocket.
So, what can you do?
Here are just a few simple yet effective things you can do to make your property more appealing to potential tenants…
Easy ways to make your rental more attractive
- Clean it – as they say, first impressions count, and your rental property is no exception. You want to make sure that the place is spotless, top to bottom, and ready for viewings. So, don your marigolds, grab your duster, and don’t forget those nooks and crannies on the stairs!
- Maintain it – several factors can determine a tenant’s decision, including how well looked after the property is. If it looks tired and dated, now is your perfect opportunity to add a fresh lick of paint and to replace worn items to add to the appeal of your rental. And undertaking regular maintenance – both during tenancies and void periods – will work in your favor.
- Have clear HD photos taken – most letting agents in Warrington will advertise your rental online and in their shop window, but you want to be confident that the images do your property justice. The key here is to remove clutter, keep everything tidy, and brighten areas up to display your rental in the best light. Oh, and make sure that the pictures are taken professionally.
- Upgrade dated systems and furnishings – as a general rule of thumb, you should aim to replace items as soon as they break. And if your furnishings no longer complement the décor or have gone out of fashion, consider switching them for new ones. Of course, if you wanted to really impress tenants, you could upgrade to a gas central heating system that’s deemed more efficient.
- Use an experienced letting agent – arguably the most sensible thing to do when looking for tenants is to use a local letting agency firm – ideally, one like Easylet Residential in Warrington. After all, they will provide tailored advice and prepare and organize the tenancy agreement to ensure that tenants take good care of your property once they are in situ.
Want to know more?
Letting agents in Warrington and beyond provide a plethora of services for landlords – including a let-only service and full management packages.
No matter which option you choose, they will work closely with you to establish your dream tenants and accompany all viewings, providing feedback from each. Essentially, they are the third party between you and tenants.
There’s even a number of additional services you can benefit from (for an extra fee), such as registering your deposit with a deposit protection scheme, preparing a full photo inventory, and professional cleaning.
Having a letting agent on board to help coordinate the move is always a bonus too. You can relax knowing that the tenant has all the necessary paperwork and a copy of the inventory.
Get in touch with Easylet Residential
If you want to make your rental stand out to potential renters, it’s worth contacting the team at Easylet Residential today.
And if you don’t have time to manage your property yourself, their letting agents in Warrington town center will treat it like their own – ensuring it’s properly maintained and marketed professionally.
Thanks For Reading
More Read On Forbes Magazine