Hyderabadi biryani is said to be a mixture of Mughlai and Indian cuisine. The blend of spices in the dish represents the sub-continent as biryani is a staple of Pakistani and Indian cuisine.
For the rice
- Black Peppercorns – 5 to 6
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 2 tablespoons.
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Cinnamon – 2 inches.
- Green chili paste – 1 tablespoon.
- Salt – 4 teaspoon
- Black Cardamom – 2
- Kewra Essence – 2 to 3 drops.
- Long Grain Basmati Rice – 3 cups
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon.
- Green Cardamom – 2 to 3
- mace – 2
- Cloves – 3 to 4
- Cumin – 1/2 teaspoon.
For the chicken:
- Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli masala – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric spice – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Organic Chicken (Curry Cut) – 500 grams
- Cumin – half tea-spoon
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder – half teaspoon
- Green Chili (Chopped) – 4
- Squeezed Lemon – 2 tablespoon
- Yogurt – 200 gram
- Salt -2 teaspoon
- Mint – as desired
- Coriander (Chopped) – as desired.
- Onion (fried till they turn golden) – half cup.
- Chinese parsley – 1 tablespoon
For assembling the biryani:
- Almond Milk – half cup
- Saffron (dipped in 2 tablespoon milk) – 12 strands
- Golden Fried Onion – half cup
For the Chicken:
- Mix the chicken with the cumin powder, red chili masala, salt, cumin seeds, chinese parsley, ginger and garlic paste, garam masala powder, vegetable oil, turmeric spice, green chilies, and squeezed lemon juice.
- After mixing it, cover it with saran wrap and let it marinate overnight.
- Add yogurt, mint, fried onion and coriander, to the mixture that you have already prepared.
- Mix it properly and keep it aside.
For the rice:
- Rinse the rice and soak it in water for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Heat 10 to 12 cups of water in a large deep pot.
- Take a plastic bag and add cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon black cardamom, green cardamom, black peppercorn, mace, and bay leaves.
- Add the spices of the bag, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, kewra essence, and salt in the large deep pot and let the water come to a boiling temperature.
- Drain the rice carefully.
- Add it to the water in a pot
Assembling the biryani:
- Take the marinade and the chicken and put them in a deep pan.
- Taste a little bit of rice and check if it is 75% cooked.
- Take it out of the pot and make sure you spread it evenly all over the chicken.
- Pour almond milk, Strands of saffron dipped in water, and fried brown onion on top of the rice to decorate.
- Cover the lid with aluminum foil and put it over the pan.
- Put the pan on the stove with minimum heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid.
- Mix the rice with gentle hands.
- Organic Hyderabadi biryani is ready!
Now put your favorite Netflix show and watch it with your delicious meal.