This recipe has a spicy touch to it will all the Indian spices listed below. Kebabs are a middle-eastern dish often served as a side dish. It is said to be found in the middle age kitchens of turkey. They are widely made in Asian countries for regular meals and events as well. There are different types of kebabs cooked with different recipes. The recipe written in this post is of Shami kebabs. You can put them in a sandwich for lunch or have them with rice in dinner, it works as an all-rounder.
Lamb – 250 grams
Medium-sized onions – (chopped) 2
Coriander leaves – 1/3 cup
Mint leaves – 1/3 cup
Red chilies – (dried)- 3
Garlic cloves – 12 to 15
Ginger (chopped) – 2-inch piece
Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
Egg – 1 or 2
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Ghee – 1 to 2 tablespoon
Cooking oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Take a deep pan and put it on the stove
- Add ghee and heat it on medium flame.
- Add cumin seed, ginger, and garlic.
- Crush the dried red chili roughly with hands and add to the pan.
- Fry the ingredients for one minute.
- Add chopped onions and stir it for one more minute.
- Add the minced lamb and change the heat to a high flame.
- Stir it for two to three minutes. Lamb releases its water which is why we have turned the flame high so the water dries.
- Add salt as desired.
- Cover the pan with its lid and let it simmer on a medium flame for eight to ten minutes. (Keep stirring in between)
- Check the lamb, when the water has dried cook it for ten to twelve minutes more. We need to make sure the lamb is 70% cooked.
- Put the cooked mutton in a blender to make a slightly mashed consistency.
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, and lemon juice.
- Blend it for thirty to forty seconds. Do not add water.
- Once it is blended, crack two eggs in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg and keep it aside.
- Take a small amount of mixture in your hands and give it a shape of a ball.
- Then gently press it on your palms and give it a shape of a kebab.
- Apply the same technique with the leftover mixture.
- Heat a pan on medium flame.
- Once it is hot, add two to three tablespoons of oil.
- Take a kebab and coat it with the whisked egg and then fry it in the pan carefully.
- Fry all of them and enjoy them with your favorite sauce.
To have the self-satisfaction of consuming healthy and nutritional food you need to make sure you have good quality Lamb meat. You can get high-quality (Halal) organically reared lambs in the UK from here.