Once Flash player was an all-time favourite application for eLearning development companies as it allowed to incorporate interactive elements and animation in E-learning courseware and web-based e-learning content. However, with the passing time, new technologies evolved but Flash Player and its plugins failed to rise to the occasion. To be specific, the new technologies came out with new enhanced features so that e-learning modules can be easier to understand. However, unfortunately, the Flash player and its plugins weren’t compatible with the new technologies in the best possible ways. Thus, Flash player lagged in terms of rendering better quality animations and interactive elements- something it was famous after its launch. Thus, finally Flash to HTML5 conversion became inevitable.
Features of Flash to HTML5 Conversion
- Allows to create a well structured interactive website layout
- To enhance the content, HTML5 allows eLearning development companies to include multimedia elements and interactive content in the form of animations and simulations.
- For working professionals, one of the major requirements is the use of course material whenever they want which is possible with HTML5.
- HTML5 allows downloading of content so that off-line browsing becomes possible.
- High-quality content creation becomes possible with adherence to standards such as SCORM and AICC.
- The requirement of third-party plug-ins to incorporate animated content in the e-learning is not mandatory, as HTML5 supports a host of latest technological applications and platforms.
What are the extra benefits of Flash to HTML5 conversion?
HTML5 encompasses tons of features that give an option to the organizations to recreate a fresh appealing and engrossing e-learning courseware from all types of formats such as PDF, PPT, and legacy courses in an obsolete format. One of the most awesome features about HTML5 is that it is compatible with most latest application platforms, and it supports different Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) modules. This compatibility with SEO modules helps the search engines to find the web-based e-learning courseware, and crawl its content which in turn helps to enhance the ranking in the search engine results. This SEO compatibility may help to make an organisation’s web-based e-learning courses popular among the masses who use the internet.
Why HTML5 became a better choice over Flash?
The capabilities of HTML5 far exceed that of Flash and its plug-ins. For instance, using HTML5, a better-structured layout can be rendered to the e-learning solutions and web-based course materials, using various captivating features such as GIF animations, colorful text content, and simulations. Not only this, it is way ahead of Flash in terms of security and reliability. The performance of HTML5 helps organizations to increase their productivity. It also helps to embed the latest technological elements in the e-learning course materials. Thus, HTML5 provides a common platform for eLearning development companies to incorporate a host of attractive features in the e-learning solutions. Above all, since HTML5 is robust by structure and capable of nesting various evolving technological components, it doesn’t face the crashing issues which Flash posed. Owing to all these extraordinary features and usefulness, eLearning development companies preferred HTML5 over Flash, and thus came the end of support for Flash.
Read more on Forbes Magazine