The Windows 11 Insider preview build has been released for a while. Do you know how to download Windows 11 on your computer? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some safe and free methods to perform a Windows 11 download.
Microsoft has officially announced Windows 11 at the end of June 2021, and later it released the first Windows 11 Insider preview build 22000.51. Many of you should urgently want to use this new Windows version to experience its new features and improvements.
Well then, how to download Windows 11 on your computer or how to get a free Windows 11 update? You can get some free and safe methods from this post.
- Way 1: Upgrade to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build
- Way 2: Download Windows Disc Image (IOS File) for Windows 11 Installation
- Way 3: Download Windows 11 Media Creation Tool and Use It to Install Windows 11
- Way 4: Migrate Windows 11 to Your Computer
- Way 5: Windows Release Date to Download
Way 1: Upgrade to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build
Before the final release of the official Windows 11, the most recommended, free, and safe method to download and install Windows 11 is to join the Windows Insider Program and then upgrade your computer to Windows 11.
You can follow these steps to get a free Windows 11 update:
Step 1: Check Whether Your Computer Is Compatible with Windows 11
Windows 11 has new system requirements. Not all computers can install Windows 11. If you want to download and install Windows 11 on your computer, the first thing you should do is to check whether your PC can run Windows 11.
If you see the error message of this PC can’t run Windows 11 on your PC, do you know how to solve it? In this post, we will show you some useful solutions.
Step 2: Join the Windows Insider Program
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Programme.
- Click the Get Started button and follow the onscreen guide to join the Windows Insider Program.
Now, Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider preview build 22000.100 to Windows Insiders in both the Dev Channel and Beta Channel. Since then, whether you are in the Dev Channel or in the Beta Channel, you can get Windows 11 Insider preview build for free.
Step 3: Download and Upgrade to Windows 11
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Your system will automatically start to check for updates. If not, you can manually click the Check for Updates button to continue.
- The Windows 11 downloading and installing process starts successively. The whole process might last for hours and the installation process requires several computer restarts. You should wait until the whole process ends.
After these steps, you can experience Windows 11 on your computer. If you discover Windows 11 bugs, you can send feedback to Microsoft to help improve Windows 11.
Windows 11 Insider preview build also keeps updatng. If you want to get the latest Windows 11 build download, you can go to Start > Settings > Windows Update to check for updates to download and install the latest Windows 11 update.
- [SOLUTION] Windows 11 Update Downloading Stuck at 100%
- [Best Fixes] Windows 11 Installation Stuck at 35%/85%...
Way 2: Download Windows 11 ISO File for Windows 11 Installation
Another free Windows 11 download and installation method is to download Windows 11 ISO file and use it to install Windows 11.
Now, there are many download sources of Windows 11 disc image (Windows 11 ISO file download) on the internet as usual. Some of you would like to use a reliable and free Windows 11 ISO file download link to get the Windows 11 download full version.
Should you download a Windows 11 ISO file to install Windows 11?
If there are important files on your computer, you’d better no do this because the Windows 11 installer download might bring malware to your PC.
However, if you insist on doing this, you should select a top-ranked free Windows 11 ISO file download site.
- Search for Windows 11 ISO download free on the internet and select a top-ranked Windows 11 download full version direct link.
- Select a proper Windows 11 installer according to the Windows version you are running to download.
- Prepared a USB drive (the capacity should be at least 8GB) or CD/DVD.
- Use Rufus to burn the Windows 11 ISO file to a USB drive or CD/DVD to create a Windows 11 installation media.
- Shut down your computer.
- Boot your computer from the Windows 11 installation media.
- You will see the Windows Setup interface. Select your language and other preferences, click Next, and follow the onscreen guide to install Windows 11 on your computer.
Way 3: Download Windows 11 Media Creation Tool and Use It to Install Windows 11 on Your Computer
Windows 11 Media Creation Tool is a Microsoft official tool for Windows 11 download and installation. Using this tool can guarantee the safety of your computer. It is free. You can get it from the Microsoft site.
Before getting started, you should have a license key to install Windows 11. Besides, your computer should meet the basic Windows 11 system requirements.
After the Windows 11 release date, you can download the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool and use it to upgrade your computer to Windows 11 or use this tool to create a Windows installation media to install Windows 11 on a different computer.
To make sure that you are using the latest Windows 11 build, you should note the Windows 11-related news and go to Start > Settings > Windows Update to download & install the newest Windows 11 version.
Now, you can go to the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool page to get some related information for reference.
Way 4: Migrate Windows 11 to Your Computer
If your friend has a computer that is running Windows 11, you can migrate Windows 11 to your computer. You can use MiniTool ShadowMaker, a special Windows backup and restore software, to transfer Windows 11 from one computer to another.
This software has a trial edition and you can use it for free within 30 days.
Step 1: Preparations
If you want to migrate Windows 11, you need to prepare an external hard drive that is large enough to save Windows 11. You can just check the used space of the C drive on the source computer and make sure that the capacity of the external hard drive exceeds that C drive’s used space.
Step 2: Migrate Windows 11 to Your Computer
You should first install MiniTool ShadowMaker to the computer that is running Windows 11 and then use this software to clone Windows 11. After that, you can restore Windows 11 to your destination device.
This post shows you a full guide: How to Transfer Operating System from One Computer to Another?
Way 5: Windows 11 Release Date to Download
If you want to use a stable Windows 11 version and don’t want to risk your computer being infected by malware or viruses, you’d better wait until Windows 11 release date to download. Windows 11 upgrade should be a free update. At that time, if you are a licensed Windows 10 user, you can go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to perform a Windows 11 update.
How to download Windows 11 on your computer? You can get 5 free and reliable Windows 11 download methods from this post. Just select one according to your situation. If you have other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.