Recover lost photos in a computer
It is a reality that more and more people use the computer to save their important files. For example, after taking photos with a camera, most users will transfer the photos from the camera memory card to the computer. Then, they can handle these photos anytime.
However, does it mean that these photos are safe in the computer hard drive? Not really. Users may delete them by mistake. Some other problems like virus attack, power outage, factory reset, and more can also lead to photo loss.
A good way to prevent these files on the computer hard drive from losing is to make a backup. Then, users will be able to restore them if they are deleted or lost due to some reasons. However, if there is no available backup file, how to recover deleted pictures from computer hard drive?
First, users can access the Recycle Bin in the computer to see whether the deleted photos are there. If yes, they can choose them and then restore them to the original path directly. But, if users can’t find them there, they will need a piece of third-party photo recovery software - MiniTool Photo Recovery.
Recover Lost Photos from Computer with MiniTool Photo Recovery
MiniTool Photo Recovery is special photo recovery software that is designed to recover lost photos, videos, and audios from different kinds of data storage devices like computer hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, digital cameras, external hard drives, USB flash drives, and more.
No matter users are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7, they can always use this software to recover lost photos from computer hard drive.
In theory, the deleted files that are not overwritten by new data can be recovered by a third-party photo recovery tool. Thus, users need to stop writing any new data to the drive which they want to recover lost photos from.
In the following guide, we will show users a detailed guide on how to recover deleted photos from computer hard drive with MiniTool Photo Recovery.
1. Open the software to enter its main interface.
2. Click the Start button to continue.
3. The software will show the drives it can detect on the interface. If users can’t find their needed drive, they can press the Refresh button to make the software recognize it. Then, choose the target drive and press the Scan button to start the scanning process.
With the Settings feature of this software, users can make some further selections of the data types they want to recover.
4. When the scanning process ends, users can see the scan results. Here, the scanned files are listed by type. Users can choose one type from the left list to view the items in detail.
5. After checking the needed photos, users need to press the Save button to select a suitable path to save them. To avoid overwriting the deleted files on the target drive, users should choose another location to save these selected photos.
Now, this is the end of the guide.