It is unfortunate if your Android files are missing after restoring to factory settings. Then how to recover data after factory reset Android? The methods are different for different situations. In this article, MiniTool Software will show you 3 solutions. You can choose one based on your actual case.
Quick Navigation :
- What will Happen after Android Factory Reset
- Recover Android Data after Factory Reset with MiniTool
- Restore Android Data from Google Account after Factory Reset
- Retrieve Android Data from Backup File after Factory Reset
- A Simple Comparison of These Three Solutions
- Added Useful Tips for You
- Bottom Line
- User Comments
What will Happen after Android Factory Reset
To fix the software issues on your Android device, you can restore the device to factory settings and then you can use the Android device as a new one. But do you know what will happen after Android factory reset?
Factory reset will delete all files, apps, and settings on the device. That is why you can use the device as a new one. This feature is typically used when the device has an issue that can’t be fixed by using other methods, or when the users want to delete their personal data before selling the device.
If you misuse this feature, you will lose all your important data and files on your Android device. That is why so many users ask this question on the internet: how to recover data after factory reset Android free.
Here is a typical case:
My Samsung Galaxy S5 somehow managed to do a factory reset from my pocket over the weekend. I lost everything on my phone, including over 6 months of valued photos. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to recover data under this scenario or if I'm wasting my time?forums.androidcentral.com
The above example shows that this user’s Samsung Galaxy S5 was restored to factory settings without being aware of it, thus he lost all the data on it.
Yes, you may hit this setting unknowingly or you want to use other settings but accidentally factory reset your Android device. Inevitably, this will cause Android data loss. Or perhaps, after Android factory reset, you realize that you have forgotten to transfer some of your important data to another device or back up your Android data.
Can Android data be recovered after a factory reset? If yes, how to perform a factory reset data recovery on Android?
In this article, we will introduce how to restore data after factory reset Android with different ways. They are based on different situations. You can choose a suitable one according to your actual case.
Recover Android Data after Factory Reset with MiniTool
An easy way to perform factory reset data recovery on Android is to use a free Android data recovery software. When you search for such software on the internet, you will find many options. To guarantee the recovery effect, you’d better choose a reliable one.
MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android is a professional Android file recovery tool. You can try it to get your lost data back.
Do you want to recover deleted files Android? This powerful and professional software, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android, can be used to solve such an issue.
This software has two recovery modules: Recover from Phone and Recover from SD-Card. The first module is specially used to rescue your Android data from the device directly as long as the lost data is not overwritten by new one. So you can use this recovery module to restore your Android data after factory reset.
You can recover 10 files of one type using the free edition of this software. If you are not sure whether this software can get your needed Android data, you can first try this freeware. You can press the following button to get it.
Before using this recovery module to perform factory reset data recovery on Android, there is something you should know:
- You need to root your Android device in advance. Otherwise, this software can’t detect your Android device successfully.
- When using this software, you’d better close any other Android management software to guarantee the normal operation of this software.
- You’d better enable the USB debugging on your Android device. Every brand of Android device has its own way to do this job. You can search for the methods on the internet by yourself.
Then it’s time to use this software to get your lost Android data back.
1. Connect your Android device to the computer.
2. Tap Trust this computer on the device screen.
3. Open the software.
4. Select the Recover from Phone module.
5. The software will begin to analyze your Android device and then show you the Device Ready to Scan interface.
You will see two scan modes here. Before selecting, you can read the introduction of these two options. Then, you can select a suitable one based on your own needs. Here we take Deep Scan as an example.
6. Click Next.
7. The software will begin to scan your Android device. It will take a few minutes. Please be patient. When the process ends, you will see a data type list on the left side of the software.
8. You need to select on data type from the list and then you can see the items in that folder. Perhaps you can see many files under that data type. If you still remember the name of the file you want to restore, you can type the name into the Search box on the top right corner to find it directly.
9. As mentioned above, you can only select 10 files of one data each time using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android. If you want to break this limit, you need to upgrade this software to a full edition.
To save your time, you can register the software on the scan results interface after getting the license key. Then, you can check the items you want to recover and press the Recover button to select a suitable location to save these files.
See! It is a simple way to use this software to get your lost Android data back after factory reset. This method is especially useful when there is no available backup file.
While, if you have synced your Android data to the Google account or made a backup of the Android file, you can also choose to restore your Android data from your Google account or the previous backup.
We will show you these two solutions in the following two parts.
Restore Android Data from Google Account after Factory Reset
Some of you may have a Google account and have a good habit to back up the Android data using the Android Backup Service. If so, you will have another choice to restore your Android data after factory settings: get them back from your Google account.
Using this way, you can recover Android data from your Google account including Apps installed through Google Play, third-party app settings & data, Google calendar settings, and more.
If you don’t know how to use this backup service and what gets backed up if you use this service, you can read this Google official post to obtain the useful information: Back up or restore data on your Android device.
Just sign in your Google account and get your Android data back.
Do you know how to restore backup from Google account on Android phone effectively? Please read this post to find the answer.
Retrieve Android Data from Backup File after Factory Reset
Some of you have the habit of making and updating the backup of Android data with third-party backup software. Under this situation, you can choose to recover Android data from the backup file directly.
You may use different kinds of Android data backup software. You can search for the Android data restore guide on the official site of the software supplier.
A Simple Comparison of These Three Solutions
By comparison, the first solution can be used to recover more types of data and it can respond to issues relating to sudden data loss. While the second and third solutions are based on the premise that you have a Google account and use its Android Backup Service, or there is an available Android backup file.
In this regard, using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android to recover data after factory reset seems to be a good option for you.
How to recover deleted Google photos? Now, we will show you how to do this job in several different solutions, and you can choose one solution accordingly.
Added Useful Tips for You
Data loss always happens suddenly. To keep your Android safe, we will show you some useful tips in this part as follows:
- Although there are three solutions for you to retrieve Android data after restoring your device to factory settings, we still strongly recommend thinking twice before you decide to restore your Android device to factory settings, which can prevent you from a lot of troubles effectively.
- The data that is overwritten by the new items will become unrecoverable. So if you find your Android data are missing by mistake, you should stop using the Android device as soon as possible.
- To keep your data safe, you can set a Google account for your Android device, or form a good habit of making and upgrading backup of Android data with a piece of third-party software. Thus you will have the opportunity to get your lost or deleted Android data back even they are overwritten by new data.
- If you delete some important data on your Android SD-Card by mistake and you want to recover them, MiniTool can also help you. You can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a professional data recovery software, to get the deleted data back.
With MiniTool data recovery, SD card recovery is no long difficult. Now, you can read this post to learn how to deal with different SD card data loss issues.
In this article, we show you three methods to recover your Android data after factory reset. All you need to do is to choose a proper one based on your actual situation to get your lost Android data back.
Should you have any issues when dealing with factory reset data recovery on Android or using MiniTool software, you can let us know in the comment or send an email to [email protected]. You can also share your suggestions with us.